Wednesday 4 May 2011

Cream tea and sunshine...

I know I've said it before but I can't get over the weather!
We've pretty much eaten dinner (and even breakfast) outside for 3 weeks running...what an absolute treat.
Anyway, the weekend saw another cream tea opportunity, inspired by Granny finally moving in to what is now known as 'The Garden Cottage'!
Granny has been unpacking for days now -  the crystal bowls seem endless! (how many crystal bowls does one family need???) and Nelly and I have delighted in hearing about which tea set belonged to which set of Grandparents, and more intersetingly, which visitor would warrent getting it out (seemingly only the vicar or relatives from afar!)
I have, of course, inherrited another little bundle of treasures, which brings me back to the cream tea - everything tastes better on china! Our menu was cucumber sandwiches (following their surprise success on royal wedding day), and new favourite...strawberry cream tea cake. Basically a cream tea on a scone type sponge (recipe here).
All washed down with lashings of ginger beer (with lime) then a good old cup of tea.
 Life doesn't get any better than that.
fee x

5 comments:

  1. Here at Two Bones we are all partial to a good old fashioned Afternoon Tea on old china with vintage linens etc. I will have to have a try at the cake - I will carefully choose a day when the Diet Police are off duty - I;m doing Slimming World at the mo and its going well. I really want to be able to fit into a vintage (or vintage style) dress. Love the tea sets especially the history. More tea Vicar sprang to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think you've actually eaten outside more than we have, then! That said, we did have one Snuday lunch outside in February, which I felt rather pleased about. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog - it's lovely to come over here and get to know you a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny, we did just the same thing, minus Mr H of course who missed out on all the fun...keep reminding him of that at every opportunity :) x x x ...nice china x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You my friend are so right...life does not get any better than that! All looks amazingly wonderful. Hugs. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are very lovely.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I LOVE reading your comments!
fee x