Wednesday 25 March 2015

January and February 2015

Yep - I've given up trying to do my monthly catch ups - I've gone for the 2 month update!
It's a new low for my blogging - but will bring me right up to date and able to write about something I can actually remember!
We visited our mates Cuckoo for a wonderfully relaxing 24 hours of catching up. I have literally no photos of any of our six boys...but I do have crochet with tea, sunshine with champagne and my favourite Martini espresso! Oh, and bacon butties and giant Yorkshire puddings. And that's a pretty good summing up of our weekend!
Miss you my friend!
 Our niece Mabel turned 4 and threw a big family Frozen party - complete with party games. The funniest of which involved dressing up ones team member as Olaf with a bag of given items...which GB and The Granny gamely volunteered for. 
 Have you ever seen anything quite so disturbing?

 I finished another couple of projects - another Owl blanket for a friend and a scarf to order for Cleggy! 
Which was my first attempt at knitting a cable.

 We had a little bit of snow (happy boy!)
 And Cleggy and I did LOTS of vintage treasure hunting for rooms we'd finished...and rooms we had plans for.
We didn't buy these curtains - what were we thinking????
 ...but we DID buy the most beautiful Mary! 
By far our favourite purchase of the year.
  
 Another favourite purchase, and a real treat, was this tea set.
 ...and this beautiful mirror (£12! bargain)
The hallway was done over a few months but by the end of Feb was pretty much finished. 
I need to take some decent photos but here are a couple
Here is Great Granny's heirloom dresser - after its big fat Annie Sloan make over.
The dining room nearly got finished about 6 times over the past few months - but end up being the dumping ground for the excess stuff as we redecorate each room. Its still a dump now!
But the other gifted dresser got a coat of paint 
(Annie Sloan Provence)
We had a lovely birthday morning at the Davenport Tea rooms to celebrate Nelly's birthday
Our last primary school World Book Day was celebrated in style - Cleggy pulled off a brilliant Zombie and I've never known Geordie so keen to get to school!
I knitted my first cushion!
and Cleggy bought me 2 perfect vintage suitcases!
I'm not one for New Years resolutions...but I did take a sneaky photo of my friend Jane's suggestions - as they are perfect. 
Wise words my friend.
Fee x

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by.
I LOVE reading your comments!
fee x