I've been struggling to find my normal chipper self this month - a mixture of feeling seriously hacked off with the hackers and feeling v poorly (I got a chest infection then lost control of my asthma...no fun!) I actually contacted the hackers personally, using the email address they were sending all my mail to. Sounds like a weird idea, but I read about a journalist who did the same and the ensuing conversation sounded interesting. Needless to say they didn't get back to me.
My brother has also contacted me (or should I say the fee who is stuck in spain with no money) and arranged to meet up at the hotel they suggested. They didn't answer him either. Made us laugh though. Or wheeze, in my case.
So, I wasn't smiling, but after some rest, crochet, a break from the dusty workshop and a seriously high dose of steroids I'm smiling again. And can even see the funny side.
Here are some other things that have made me smile recently:
1) having Mabel here again for the weekend - though mostly downstairs with Granny.
|Is there anything cuter than stripy tights?|
2) Making gingerbread cookies filled with sweets to
hang up at the window
I was smiling less when I realised that hanging them above a radiator has resulted in cookies dripping with hot syrup, which has dropped all over the radiator cover!!!nice.
3) A wonderful surprise package from my blogging pal
Helen - lets swap forever more..it makes me smile wide to both make and receive!
4) GB's hamster Mr Bob Boblingson. You can't really see in the photo but he managed to cram a whole mini shreddie in his mouth - gross!
5) Lots of comfort baking. This cake was first introduced to us by my pal Emily
I didn't have any chocolate chips handy so threw in a packet of whole malteasers...which worked a treat
6) Sleepover brownies - a packet to send with the boy on the sleepover and a tray full for the remaining boys and the boy who filled the bed space! (3 x v tired boys today)
7)Return of the crochet mojo. The doctor prescribed full on rest... surely that doesn't include crochet?
I think this little scarfett would be better in a chunkier wool
but I still like it.
7) a rare lunch out with my little sister. No photos, too busy catching up. Mabel's little sibling is due anytime now...can't wait.
8) working with Cleggy on a lovely fairy project for a future book.
Amoungst other things (and with the help of the boys)we made;
Tiny fairy cookies
fairy doors out of lolly sticks
Garden baubles that sparkle in the sunshine
and ice pictures full of fruit and berries
9) receiving a photo full of smiles from my blogging friend Roos. Her man Kenji is currently well - long may it last....(sending love to you guys)
10) some lovely commissions. It's taken me a while to catch up with myself and my turnaround time isn't what it normally is... but enjoyed the making all the same.
A larger home picture
Some blocks for a boys 18th...not always the easiest!
Home Blocks in creams, with gold leaf hearts
and finally a christening block in lovely new paperHere's to more smiling this week! fee x