Saturday 19 March 2011

Little fluffy clouds and golden oldies

 We are going to our good friends Sandra and Dave's for tea tonight - lovely Dave continues his (alleged) midlife crisis with the grand unveiling of his home brewed cider (Why can't Cleggy have this kind of crisis...as opposed to the one where he 'needs' a 2 seater???)

Anyway, Sandra has asked us to bring our 6 favourite oldies - such as the type people send in to radio 2 of an afternoon. Now, this has casued a small rumpus in the Clegg household. What is classified as an oldie (we settled on anything pre 1990), who gets first dibs on Kylie's 'better the devil you know' (apparently Cleggy) and, since this is for a Saturday night, are you alowed sad/moving songs?

It was a much harder exercise than it would appear...and I thought I'd share my picks;
  • Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush (not my favourite KB track but iconic)
  • Don't stop til you get enough by Michael Jackson (disco classic)
  • This charming man by The Smiths (favourite band of all time, still get goose bumps)
  • I would die 4 U by Prince (could have picked any one of 50 Prince tracks- another all time favourite)
  • Things that make you go hmmmmm by C+C Music factory (just reminds me of summer 1990)
  • Each and everyone by Everything but the Girl (a very introspective time in my life)
My, more than a little eclectic!

Cleggy's list appears to include Barry Manilow's Copacabana....which is one reason why I love him so!




It's a beautiful sunny day here - thought I'd also share the view out of the workshop window
LOVING the blus sky and little fluffy clouds!

Hope your day is sunny too...fee x

3 comments:

  1. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm-classic! Love Prince too. Have fun
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! What a hoot you'll have at your friend's house! Thumbs up on your music choices too.
    And that view from your workshop window - just lovely! Your primroses are so cheerful!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant oldies - couldn't have chosen better myself!
    Hope you had a lovely, sunny weekend
    Emily x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I LOVE reading your comments!
fee x