Saturday 12 March 2011

Inspired by birds...part 2

I was just having a little moan about my favourite jeans finally wearing so thin that my wobbly thighs peeped through (nice!) when the news came on in the background....so tragic what's happening in Japan, moaning ceased. 

Must try and remember those heartbreaking pictures whenever complaining about our perfectly boring British weather...

So, today was cheered by the sunny disposition of a bunch of spring daffodils (do flowers have a disposition?), which are hard to look at without smiling.

They are in a very beautiful vase bought for us this time last year by Nelly and G Kisby as a thank you gift...we absolutely LOVE it.
It has four birds in different finishes (one for each of us!) - every now and then I turn it to the silver one...Cleggy likes the red!


It's made by my all time favourite ceramic artist lee page hanson, who has a studio in the marvellous Manchester Craft and design centre.


....and I also have a tile, and plan on building my collection!

I thought I'd share some more photos of his work - incorporating print, lace, metal and birds....all my favourite things!

Hope you like them too...fee x

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I hope your mister is home safe and sound too now. And yes - I've been moaning about all sorts of trival things too and then one sees the distruction in the pacific. Life is so good for me and it's a quiet morning with the sun shining where I am. Oh for contentment and gratitude every day!

    p.s. LOVE that beautiful vase! Daffodils are the cheeriest (is that a word?) flowers of all time I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daffodils would cheer anyone up my friend...that vase is stunning! Thank you for sharing such lovely work...I so adore all of his bird.

    My thoughts and prayers are with those in Japan as well.

    Have a blessed day my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 8-10 Hours?
    Funding in less than 1 day?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At: standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com

    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Credit Card Clearance Loan
    *Debt Consolidation Loan
    *Business Loans And many More:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....Contact Us At: standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com
    Thanks and look forward to your prompt reply.
    Regards,
    Muqse

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I LOVE reading your comments!
fee x